2014年6月2日月曜日

There are so many fallacies...

I wrote about the class in May 28th,
   In the class, I learned there is the another way to collect the information of the essay, that is survey!
My essay does not need to survey now, but I want to use the survey as the method of looking into the topic deeply in the future.
  Also I learned many kinds of fallacies.
      Non-sequitur (I cannot pronounce "sequitur")
      Red herring
      Appeal to pity
      Bandwagon
      Ad hominem
      Sweeping generalization
      Reductive fallacy
      Hasty generalization
      Appeal to ignorance
      Appeal to authority
      Post hoc
      Either or
 It spent a lot of time to list up... There are fallacies that we should not commit in the essay. In my childhood, I was a habitual offender of committing Red herring. When I wrote a composition, I wrote the straight introduction and body components at first, however, in the end, I wrote meaningless sentences that had no connection with the previous part. My teachers often gave warnings against Red herring.  Now, I am always careful about Red herring.
 To avoid committing these fallacies, I think it is important for us to do peer reviewing whenever each of us complete writing paragraph.  I want to say effective comment to my peers, so I need to understand all of the fallacies now!!!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿