2014年6月9日月曜日

the life of Hemingway

 At first, I thought Hemingway was one of the greatest authors in the world. However, the article told me that he was not the greatest American writer. He created the preposterous and romantic literary myth. He was also an uncompromising, soulful artist.
he was not respected by the generations of writers, but they try to emulate him.
Most readers named excellent work than Hemingway’s, so he was not the greatest author.
However, after being published one of Hemingway’s most highly regarded novels, the short masterpiece, The Old Man and the Sea, his name was spread and remained the single most influential, most parodied, most prominent, most immense American author of the past 100 years.
I think Hemingway’s achievements were so great. Especially, The Old Man and the Sea was based on his character and experience. I want to read OMS deeply and his other novels.

Stoicism is the main theme of OMS. I am not good at understanding philosophy, but I understood this word by connecting stoic. Santiago could not fish for 84 days, but he did not give up though he was an old man. I think the component of stoicism is including this part.
I want to practice stoicism because I HAVE NOT FINISHED HOMEWORK YET.
I will work hard this week...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿